Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kickstarter

During my research today at work, I saw that they are making a Veronica Mars movie. I never watched the show, but I was intrigued by the fact that they asked the public for support. They are filming the movie with funds received from people on Kickstarter. That's amazing to me.

Their goal for the movie was two million, and they received five million. Five million dollars from regular people to fund this movie. I want some of my favorite shows to come back or become movies because I loved them so much. How about Endgame? Or Dead Like Me. I'm sure I can think of ten others that were canceled that should come back or be made into movies.

I think other shows should put themselves onto Kickstarter. I'd pay a dollar or two for my favorite shows to stay alive. Some pretty amazing shows get canceled all the time. If they were put on Kickstarter and we could vote with our dollars to keep them around, that would be something!

No comments:

Post a Comment