Saturday, February 22, 2014

Award

Alicia over at Chosen.Called.Chasing nominated me for an award recently. I think I might have said I WON an award. Sorry about that. I was excited!

I didn't know what the award was about, so I clicked onto my friend Google and did a search. It seems that nobody ever wins the Liebster Award. The winning is in the nomination itself and the chance to meet new bloggers.

There are rules.
  1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
  2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
  3. You pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions. You CANNOT nominate the person who nominated you.
  4. You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.
I started the process and realized that I didn't really know a lot of bloggers. I'm unable to accept the nomination from Alicia. I spent three hours searching for other bloggers to nominate and couldn't find any! Every blogger who I enjoyed had hundreds of followers over the limit. 

There's a silver lining to the nomination. I have promised myself that I'll expand my "circle" so to speak. I'll comment on more blogs in my writing niche and work on making more blogging friends. 

Thanks for the nomination, Alicia. I'm sorry that I couldn't continue with the award challenge, but I did answer your questions. They amused me, and I'd already started!

1. If you could be an exotic animal, what would you chose to be and why?

I'd be a gazelle. Are gazelles considered exotic? I'd be a gazelle with an extra horn like a unicorn. That would make it exotic. I'd gambol and cavort because that's what exotic gazelles with extra horns do. 

2. I just gave you $8,000 what is the first thing you would buy?

Oh boy. I'm not sure what I'd buy. My first thought was a car, but what kind of car would I get for $8,000? Clothes? In reality, I'd probably sit holding the money wondering why you'd given it to me. Am I holding it for you? Do you not trust banks? Should I put it in my mattress for you?

3. Tell me your greatest childhood memory.

Our family used to go to the drive-in during the summer pretty frequently. My sister and I loved it. We were allowed to wear our pajamas outside. For some reason, that was thrilling! Before the movie would start, we'd play in the playground with dozens of other kids. By the time the second movie began, we were normally asleep. I don't think we ever made it through both movies.

4. Pineapples or Peaches?

Pineapples

5. I could eat ________ for the rest of my life and be okay with it.

Coffee! Okay, it's not a food but it should be.

6. My biggest challenge is _______________.

Staying on task. I'm constantly letting myself become distracted.

7. My favorite T.V show would have to be _______________.

Game of Thrones

8. If you could choose one person to have dinner with who would it be and why? (alive or dead)

My grandfather. He's been gone a few years, and I still miss him.

9.The best thing about blogging is__________.

Meeting other bloggers.

10. I can’t go a day without_________________.

Reading. I can skip a day or two of writing, but reading? No way.

11.Tell me your biggest accomplishment.

Writing. There isn't one big accomplishment for writing, though. It's all the little things that are the accomplishment. 

In a few months, I'll come back with 11 bloggers to recommend! This is a tough one for new bloggers to nominate other new bloggers, but I'll work on fulfilling the requirements on my own.



8 comments:

  1. You're a winner in my book. Though, I don't understand #5....why can't you eat _____ for the rest of your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!

      I read it to mean if you had nothing else to eat for the rest of your life but this one thing, what would it be? Maybe I read it wrong?

      Delete
  2. YAY! Congratulations on your Liebster award ! But of course the answer is coffee! For me it's iced. Love your answers, although you need to work on something much more fun for the $8000 (weird amount don't you think?) I think you could visit some mysterious haunted mansion in some far away land, then fly home and spend whatever is left on stocking up on coffee! But i'd probably be wondering why the heck they were giving me $ too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely iced in the summer time. I love the idea of a haunted mansion. Or maybe the opportunity to participate in a treasure hunt. Can you pay to join one? I'm not much of a traveler, but if someone said treasure hunt, I'd be all over it!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, gazelle--good answer! To have thin legs like that and be able to run fast? That would be nice. Congrats on the Liebster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget the horn. I'd definitely have a horn.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Missy,

    I literally LOL'ed! You are the cutest! Don't feel bad, I totally understand. I was so excited to nominated I kinda hope I followed the rules..LOL A gazelle is absolutely beautiful! I remember watching them on the Animal Channel. I love your answers because they are real. I love real answers from the heart. Let's go shopping with the 8,000 and share a cup of java! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew. I'm glad you understand.

      I'm all about coffee and great company, so that sounds great!

      Delete