Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tall Tale Tuesday: February 18

I'll have a better graphic next week!

Every Tuesday, I'll be listing a few writing prompts for those who want to stretch themselves with some story writing. I'll have a linky widget at the bottom of the page -- if I ever figure out how to add one. If you'd like to share with others, feel free to link your blog there. Visit some of the other links to leave your comments and encouragement, too!


1. The woman sits in her home every day staring out the window. She never sees anything worth focusing on until one day, she witnesses a crime.
**Talk about why she stares out the window, or continue the story detailing the crime and her reaction to it.**

2. Two men are walking through the woods. A heavy leather bag bounces between them. Each has a hand on one of the straps because it's so heavy and neither of them can carry it alone.
**What's in the bag? Who are these men?**

3. A child sits in a sandbox. From inside the house, screaming, yelling and smashing china can be heard.
**Write the before or after to this scene.**

(Not sure why it wouldn't let me change from Tackle it Tuesday, so ignore that!)


12 comments:

  1. Prompt 2 sounds the most awesome to me. I KNOW what's in the bag.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each week if I have time, I'll pick one to write about, and that one was the most intriguing! I hope you'll write something for the prompt. I'd love to see what your guys have in their bag!

      Delete
  2. These are all such intriguing prompts! Makes me want to read the entire story that goes along with each of them! I hope you have time each week to pick one to write about. I want to hear more. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best to do a little story on the prompt because, really, how could I resist? I'd love for others to participate, too!

      Delete
  3. Oh these would be great for those who are going through writers block. I do wish they were more toddler friendly which is what we do but I love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prompts can be tweaked to fit your theme! Maybe the child in the sandbox hears the smashing plates of a party. Or the men are carrying a bag of toys through the woods! Feel free to take the prompts in whatever direction you'd like.

      Delete
  4. Great prompts.. of course the baby one made me feel terrible, so I let my mind go to something funny like in 'home alone' and the baby left a TV show on blasting and crawled out to the sandbox with all the juice boxes and cookies he could find. The poor woman in the window, she is in a wheelchair with a broken wheel and her kids and ex husband are locked in the basement because they complained about her cooking 'again'.. she can't call the police about the crime she witnessed because they may find out about the crime she is about to commit... once she fixes the stupid broken wheelchair. .. the mean walking through the woods.. well, what else do men (young) do walking through the woods but carry heavy bags of beer, on their way to a cabin filled with other young men who will sit around act stupid and ... hmmm... o.k... let's get silly... they'll decorate the cabin for a home improvement show contest! ......... o.k., i'll admit it.. it's 6am and I have barely had a sip of coffee but that was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the imagination! You have to take one of those partial stories and elaborate! They were fantastic. My favorite was the woman in the window who locked her family in the basement. I'd love to hear more!

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful prompts! I love them all. I am having a hard time choosing which one I want to finish. I wanted to know is there a certain time frame to post? I was looking at Monday, but I guess Tuesday you would have another one up huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to figure out the best way to feature people's links. Once it's up on Tuesday, it's covered with my Wednesday post.

      On Tuesday there will be new prompts, but I will list the previous week's links in the post itself. That way everyone can enjoy the previous week's entries. Maybe become inspired to write their own!

      You could choose them all and see which one takes you to the finish line!

      Delete
  6. I think your prompts are the BOMB! I have so much fun with these. I'm hoping to have longer writings these more practiced I get. Thank you so much for hosting these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for participating! I loved your story. You did a great job with the prompt.

      Delete