Friday, April 11, 2014

Word Counts and Germs

Too bad my germs couldn't have typed for me while they were busy making me sleep this week. I ended up with a disgusting stomach bug on Tuesday that put me out of commission for a few days. As soon as I said, "Hey, I'm going to make a schedule for myself." The germs laughed and laughed.

I'd broken my day into 2-3 hour chunks of time. I have a few projects to complete as well as the novel and serial to write. I've done some initial research into the serial story. That should make it easier to whip through the next few chapters.


The story word count stands at 689. (These need better working titles) I have some work to do today, so I can spend the weekend catching up on the story. On a great day, I can write between 5,000 and 6,000 words. That depends on where I am in the story, too. The beginning can be slower. That's the plan anyway. We'll see who laughs as I make these plans.

I like seeing this graph. The visual helps my productivity, too. This is what it looks like with my measly 689 words.

Can you see the small smudge there on day 11?
At this rate, I'll finish in the year 2016. Guess I should pick up the pace, huh?
Camp Nano is having a big, Saturday participation thing. I can't write with other people around me in the same room chattering or interrupting, but if I feel like I'm involved in something larger, like a competition, I write faster. I'm not openly competitive, but it must spur me a little since I write more.

I'll be on Twitter if you'd like to join me!

Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't written in so long. My word count is 0. It's not looking hopeful. I flunked my Camp Nano. I think I signed up for too many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me a lot. There's another in July. Plan on that one! I'll remind you 192 times before then so you don't forget, too.

      Delete