Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tall Tale Tuesday: March 11th


Last week, two amazing bloggers participated in Tall Tale Tuesday. They took the same prompt and went in completely different directions. I loved reading their contributions. Take a look at the stories and leave them some love. 

Samantha at The Marble Jar: Current Resident
Marcia at Blogitudes: The Letter


This week's prompt

You've run out of coffee, have no money, and you're late for work. One of your co-workers has taken your favorite parking spot.
*What do you do next?*

Standing in line at the post office, a man notices that the young woman in front of him has a large box. She strains to push it with her foot as the line moves forward.
*What's in the box?*

A small, local electronics repair shop advertises a going-out-of-business sale. Everything is old and extremely cheap.
*What kind of amazing treasure do you find there?*


6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the compliment and great shout out, Missy! I've been looking forward to today to see what your new prompts would be - and you didn't disappoint. These are great! Number 1 hits too close to home - it happens to me quite often on work days (so writing about it wouldn't really be fiction). :) Think I'll go with either number 2 or 3 and will post it in a day or two. Thanks so very much for hosting this link-up. I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I wrote the first one, I was thinking exactly that, but maybe it's an opportunity to write in fiction what someone wishes they could do in real life. Payback!

      Your flash fiction story was really well done. It was a joy to read, and I found myself smiling at the end because it was such a successful little story.

      Delete
  2. Oh fun! I will share and I enjoyed both responses to last weeks prompts, I love that you encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to encourage people to write. Many people have the ability to tell stories if they let themselves loose to experiment without fear.

      Delete
  3. I entered! Thanks for another great week of prompts- it was a hard choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading right over to read your story. I can't wait. I didn't even want to stop to respond to you!

      Delete