The book is published on Kindle. \o/ (That's a little dance I'm doing) The print version will take some time. I have to wait for the proof copy to be delivered to my house. That sounds so authorly!
If you're thinking, "Yay, finally. We can stop hearing about this book."
The book isn't finished when I hit that publish button. Now, I have to promote it. Hundreds of readers don't suddenly show up at my publishing door waving dollars at me, so they can buy my book! I promise I'll try not to pester people, or linger on the publishing/promoting thing beyond this first week, but I have to get the word out.
Here's what I've been doing since hitting submit.
1. Join forums like KBoards and Mobile Reads, create a profile and add a post.
2. Create a media kit of sorts
- a. Four sizes of covers to fit each board and what they might require.
- b. Upload the smallest cover to Tinypics to link on forums.
- c. Make a file with the blurb, links to all social media accounts, author bio, excerpt and ISBN.
- d. Have the blog address and book link in the same file.
- e. Realize that you don't have a Goodreads author account and set that up.
3. Turn the book document into an epub, mobi and pdf file for various submissions.
4. Submit to book sites on Facebook that don't require "free" KDP books.
5. Add to review site Manic Readers.
6. Review the print version, make 27 changes and upload the file 27 times.
7. Decide on the free days. (Has to be 2-3 weeks away for promotional purposes.)
- a. Submit to the dozens of sites that promote free ebooks.
These things take between an hour to a few hours depending on difficulty. I should have been submitting to reviewers as soon as the book was completed, but I've never understood how you'll get reviews for a work that isn't published yet. The review has to be placed on Amazon to be effective. With no book page, there's no link. Book bloggers and websites will list the book on their own sites, but I'd like to receive some Amazon reviews.
For the next week or two, I'll be pimping the heck out of this book! I'll try not to be obnoxious about it, but I figure I can provide information at the same time. That makes it less obnoxious, right? Right?